Did you know that truck owners in the United States only use their vehicles 5% of the time? That’s a whole lot of lazy trucks. Your truck could be making money for you when you’re not driving it, and Fluid Market is here to help you do just that, backed by our insurance and our comprehensive borrower background checks.
How much can you earn by renting your truck on Fluid Market? Check out average annual earnings below. With Fluid Market, you can pay for your next vacation, save for your new home down payment, or simply pay your bills. Your earnings will depend on several factors, including the make, model, and how you promote your vehicle.
|Vehicle type||Average earnings per year|
|Midsize Box Truck (20 ft. +)||$20,400|
|Small Box Truck (12-19 ft.)||$15,000|
|Van (Sprinter, TransitVan, ProMaster, etc.)||$14,000|
Listing your truck on Fluid Market takes less than 10 minutes. Follow these easy steps to put your lazy truck to work:
- “Add Item” from the menu in the Fluid Market app and select your vehicle category — box truck, cargo van, pickup truck, or other.
- Take (great!) photos of your vehicle. Fantastic photos perform for our lenders, with borrowers reserving vehicles 3-4x as frequently when they include high quality photos from a variety of angles.
- Add vehicle info, including your license plate, VIN#, make, model, and year. Create a descriptive, eye-catching title to capture the attention of borrowers, briefly describe your vehicle, and confirm the location.
- Choose a rate. You can select up to three rates — hourly, daily, or weekly. You’ll see suggested prices in the app, and you can check out comparable vehicles on Fluid Market to get a sense of pricing.
- Instant Book. If your vehicle is accessible anytime without you being there (for example, by lockbox), you can select our Instant Book feature to allow borrowers to automatically book your item. Turning on Instant Book is a great way to increase your reservations.
- Add pick up & drop off instructions. Provide borrowers detailed instructions for vehicle pick up and drop off, as well as key access, and any additional fees.
- Publish your listing and watch your bank account grow! You’ll be paid via direct deposit.
If Fluid Market is new in your neighborhood, active promotion is key to helping neighbors and your local community learn your truck is available to rent. To jump start your side business, share your Fluid Market listing (along with a picture) on Nextdoor or other community bulletin boards. This simple promotion generates on average two reservations per post, and helps create repeat business. Check out our blog for Nextdoor promotion tips.
Now that your truck is earning for you on Fluid Market, go ahead and give it a big hug. It’s no longer lazy. #TruckYeah
Want to learn more? Check out our lender guidelines.