Fluid Market lender pro-tip: Use Nextdoor to promote your vehicle
You’ve listed your vehicle on Fluid Market, set a price, and arranged your availability calendar in the app. Now what? Time to let borrowers know that your vehicle is available to rent!
So what’s the best way to gain visibility for your vehicle? We recommend that you use Nextdoor to get the word out to your local community. Nextdoor is a private social network that connects you with nearby neighbors, giving you the opportunity to share your vehicle’s availability within a close community.
As a Fluid Market lender, you are running a business. And your business is built on creating connections and sharing experiences that highlight the ease, cost, and time-savings of renting a vehicle on Fluid Market. Nextdoor is a fantastic community that can help you maximize your Fluid Market side hustle.
The numbers speak for themselves: our lenders who post vehicles on Nextdoor see more frequent transactions and have more repeat customers. Pickup truck lenders can expect to earn on average $10K per year on Fluid Market, and about $200 additional per month by promoting their vehicle on Nextdoor. Lenders use creative ways to engage both new and repeat borrowers, including offering $20 in rental credit through the personalized invite code in the Fluid Market app.
To help you out, we’ve created this guide to walk you through best practices for NextDoor. Read on to maximize your side hustle!
Nextdoor tips & tricks:
- Already on Nextdoor? Great! Not yet on Nextdoor? No problem, just download the app and register by verifying your address.
- Go to the “For Sale & Free” section, where you can list your vehicle for rent.
- Important to note: Nextdoor’s community guidelines do not allow individuals to post rental items outside of this category–if you do so, your posts may be removed.
- Create a title for your vehicle. Make it short, punchy, and direct. We recommend something like: “Rent my pickup truck on Fluid Market”.
- List the price — can be your hourly, daily, or weekly rate.
- Write a brief description in the “Details” section. Be sure to include the Fluid Market link for your vehicle so potential renters can go directly to your site.
- Add high-quality photos that show off your vehicle. We recommend you include interior and exterior photos shot in good light. Share seasonal pictures of your vehicle.
- Post your vehicle in the “Automotive” category.
- Finally, choose who can see your item. We recommend that you select “Your broader local area” to ensure that both your immediate neighbors and close communities see your vehicle.
Our lenders see great engagement with their local community on Nextdoor, including comments, thanks, and inquiries. To make sure that your vehicle stays at the top of the Nextdoor “For Sale & Free” feed, be sure to respond promptly to any questions and regularly post a brief comment. This will push your listing back to the top to maximize visibility.
Got a great story from promoting your Fluid Market vehicle on Nextdoor? We’d love to hear about it! Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org